Monday, May 26, 2008

Staying On Topic #4

I was sitting in my living room, listening to a comic book podcast, drinking a nice tall glass of ice water, and playing MLB 2K8 on Nintendo Wii. The first thing that I realized during this time was that I am quite spoiled, and the second was that I love summer. School's great and all, but these first couple days of summer have been more fun then 8 months of school combined.

Now, what I really would like to say is that this next week of comics is going to be monstrous. I can't wait, and here are 15 reasons why.....

Action Comics #865

All Star Superman #11

Batman #677 (RIP)

Final Crisis #1

Fables #73

Astounding Wolf-Man #6

Giant Size Astonishing X-Men #1

King Size Hulk #1

Marvel 1985 #1

New Avengers #41

Thor #9

Ultimate Spider-Man #122

Uncanny X-Men #498

X-Men Legacy #212

Green lantern #31

Even though I went on record as saying that there were only 5 titles I REALLY had to read, I can't help but get excited for a week like this. Final Crisis has me excited, King Size Hulk #1 is really interesting to me for some reason, 1985 is something I've been eagerly awaiting, and I really can't wait to read the conclusion to Whedon's Astonishing X-Men.

What a way to kick off my summer, with a blockbuster week full of titles that make me remember why I love to go to the comic book shop every week.

Every time I look at that list, I smile just a little bit more.

Here are the three things you should be doing but you probably aren't.......

1) Listen to the Streetlight Manifesto song "We Will Fall Together" (here)

2) Watch what happens to the Dark Knight on Drugs (here)

3) Read "The Beat" Blog (here)

The Image of the day goes to Greg Land drawing Ben Affleck.....

No comments: